Wichita State University Professor Michael Flores will present a one-hour CPE session on the topic of ethics.
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
11:30 am – Networking and Registration
11:45 am – 1:00 pm – Lunch and Program
Location: Sabor Latin Grill
$18 Members/$21 Non-Members/$9 Students
For any special dietary requests please e-mail: Janelle Leak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP by Friday, January 11th at noon via the website at www.wichitaafwa.org by clicking on the Meetings link. Please include in your reservation your name, if you are a member or non-member, and what organization you represent. If you are paying at the meeting cash or checks are the only accepted forms of payment.
Please feel free to invite a guest.
Michael Flores earned his ABD in Accounting from Texas Tech University, his Master of Accountancy from New Mexico State University, and his BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas at El Paso.
Along with the academic accomplishments, Michael holds a CGMA; Chartered Global Management Accountant designation, which is built on extensive global research to maintain the highest relevance with employers and develop the competencies most in demand.
Michael has areas of expertise in Cost and Managerial Accounting, Accounting and Administration for Health Care Organizations (medical/surgical and psychological hospitals, clinical/path laboratories); and Ethics including Accounting, Business, and Health Care.
His research areas include: Accounting ethics, behavioral accounting, cost and managerial accounting, and health care accounting and management.
Having received several Wichita State University teaching awards, he is well known for his ability to help students make connections between what they learn in the classroom, and what they touch each day in their work life.
Kris Culliton joined AFWA in December of 1996 and again in September of 2000 - after a two year break, she couldn't stay away.
- What’s your title? Controller
- What is your all-time favorite movie? Bambi
- What was the first concert you ever attended? REO Speedwagon – and I got set on fire!
- What is your favorite food? It is a tie between Pepperoni and Milk Chocolate
- What is the last book you read? How Remarkable Women Lead (w/AFWA Book Club)
- What is your favorite vacation spot? What’s a vacation spot?
- What is your favorite sports team? NASCAR’s – Matt Kenseth – but I am looking for a new team to cheer on for next season
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Cat
- What are your interests away from work? NASCAR, reading, enjoying time with friends
- What is your favorite quote? Own it!
- Who is in your family? Husband – Dave Cats – Tabitha, Tazz, and Rocki
- Do you have any pets? See above
- What other Community Service do you do? The Foundation of AFWA, Financial literacy w/AFWA and I donate to lots of other causes
- Name 3 things on your Bucket List
To visit every NASCAR track
Get a passport and actually use it
Be remembered fondly
- Name your top 3 goals for the Wichita Chapter
Increase member involvement
Host a CPE event that is not just a lunch/dinner meeting
- What committee(s) are your currently serving on? Public relations / website
- What is your personal goal as member of the Wichita Chapter for the next 6 months (i.e. – I would like to attend 6 meetings, I would like to chair the Scholarship Committee, etc.) – Stay active!
Spring Conference, May 16-17, 2019
AFWA, Philadelphia Chapter
More information and registration at AFWA-PHILA.org
Peggy Kathleen Bryan-Farris, age 53, passed away Friday, November 30, 2018. Born January 13, 1965. In 1999 Kathleen married Ronnie Farris and together they had three sons, Samuel, Elijah and Jacob. Kathleen was an amazing, caring mother and wife. She had an incredible positive attitude about life. She was an accomplished Certified Public Accountant and believed in helping others with her tax skills. Her favorite pastimes were attending her boys basketball, baseball and football games and reading. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends. She is preceded in death by stepfather, Bill Nemnich. Kathleen is survived by her mother, Elnora Nemnich; father, George Ground; husband, Ronnie; sons, Samuel, Elijah and Jacob; sisters, Janet Ground, Susan Smith, Ann Riggs; nephews and nieces Tom Riggs, Amy Haines, Daniel Ground, Brandon Smith and many more special nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held 10 am Wednesday at Belle Plaine United Methodist Church, 124 E. 10th Ave, Belle Plaine, Ks. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Harry Hynes Hospice or to the Farris Family Fund in care of Valley State Bank, Belle Plaine, KS.
Published in The Wichita Eagle Dec. 2, 2018