We finished up the Financial Literacy program at WIN back in December. The program was a success and we received great feedback! It was a great opportunity to showcase our “financial” skills as well as a being a rewarding experience to help the class of about 10 ladies learn about budgeting, saving, retirement, along with other basic concepts of money management.
A big THANK YOU to Laura Farney, Trisha Grosch, Tina Johnson, and Sharon Parks for their tremendous help with the class.
If you would more information on our next opportunity, please contact Diane Reed at email@example.com for more details.
Accounting and Auditing Update with Meagan Wellbrock, CPA
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
11:30 am – Networking and Registration
11:45 am – 1:00 pm – Lunch and Program
Metro salad & bread
$18 Members/$21 Non-Members/$9 Students
For any special dietary requests please e-mail: Janelle Leak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please RSVP by Friday, March 15th at noon via the website at www.wichitaafwa.org by clicking on the Meetings link. Please include in your reservation your name, if you are a member or non-member, and what organization you represent. If you are paying at the meeting cash or checks are the only accepted forms of payment.
Please feel free to invite a guest
Meagan Wellbrock, CPA
Meagan Wellbrock, CPA, Partner, began her career at Adams, Brown, Beran & Ball (ABBB) as an intern while she was earning her bachelor’s degree from Fort Hays State University, and joined the firm as a full-time staff member in 2007. Since that time, she has primarily focused on providing audit and attestation services, eventually being promoted to audit and attestation service line leader in 2016. Meagan is responsible for managing a variety of audit engagements and consulting on managerial and operational concerns.
Wellbrock graduated summa cum laude from Fort Hays State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration and also holds a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification. In addition to being a member of the FHSU Alumni Association, she is affiliated with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (KSCPA), where she also serves on the Audit and Assurance Tax Force. Wellbrock was named the AICPA/KSCPA Women to Watch Emerging Leader in 2015 and has graduated from both the AICPA Leadership Academy and the KSCPA’s “20 up to 40” leadership program. She serves as treasurer for CASA of the High Plains, a board member of the Victoria USD 432 Foundation, and was previously a board member for the United Way of Ellis County. She resides in her hometown of Victoria, Kansas, with her husband, Scott. She counts playing and watching sports among her favorite pastimes, as well as reading, singing, playing the piano, and spending time with family and friends.
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is seeking a Finance Transformation Leader to profitably strengthen the relationship between our customers and IT. Being a market-based company, we are keenly aware that the technology diversity in the marketplace and its impact in business are ever increasing. KAES IT shall continue to understand, synthesize and recommend existing and emerging technologies that will enhance the value KAES can create for our customers. In addition, this role will help set a new direction for information technology support of the accounting and finance capabilities.
What You Will Need: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years’ experience leveraging technology in an accounting, finance or trade support leadership role
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to simplify complex processes and present ideas in a clear concise manner
- Experience building strong and sustainable relationships across the business
- Experience leading transformational change
- Experience effectively managing priorities
- Experience successfully developing and leading large projects with at least $500K in project spend
Applicants can learn more at https://kochcareers.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/finance-transformation-leader-24242
- Stephanie Strickler
- What’s your title? Senior Tax Manager
- What was the first concert you ever attended? Garth Brooks
- What is your favorite food? Pizza
- What is the last book you read? On Becoming Baby Wise (I’m the mom of 14mo twin girls)
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Love visiting Colorado
- What is your favorite sports team? KC Chiefs
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Dog
- What are your interests away from work? Running, Traveling, Spending time w/ family
- Who is in your family? Husband, Allen, twin daughters, Ellie & Josie, and our dog Pepper
- Do you have any pets? One dog, Pepper
- What other Community Service do you do? Financial secretary for University UMC
- Name 3 things on your Bucket List: Travel to Ireland & UK, Stay in an all-inclusive resort
- What committee(s) are your currently serving on? None
- What is your personal goal as member of the Wichita Chapter for the next 6 months? I would like to attend 6-9 mtgs
- Trisha Grosch
- What’s your title? Cost Accountant II
- What is your all-time favorite movie? Smokey and The Bandit
- What was the first concert you ever attended? Chicago
- What is your favorite food? Mexican food
- What is the last book you read? Young, Dumb and Not Broke by Shelby Grosch
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Any All-Inclusive resort with a warm, sunny beach and an ice-cold adult beverage
- What is your favorite sports team? Wichita State Shockers
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Both, but presently have a cat
- What are your interests away from work? Getting together with family and friends – especially at the lake, wakesurfing and vacationing
- What is your favorite quote? Count your Rainbows, not your Thunderstorms Alyssa Knight – Age 12
- Who is in your family? My husband Doug, our son Shelby and our daughter Chelsea and her husband Jarret
- Do you have any pets? Sammie the spoiled cat
- What other Community Service do you do? I have been involved with the AFWA Financial Literacy for several years and also help support friends with the causes they support
- Name 3 things on your Bucket List – Houseboat vaca at Lake Powell, speaking Spanish, and trip to Turks & Caicos
- Name your top 3 goals for the Wichita Chapter - Increased attendance, having the organization be more well known in the community, and continuing on & expanding the great financial literacy programs we have going
- What committee(s) are your currently serving on? Financial Literacy and also am the Treasurer
- What is your personal goal as member of the Wichita Chapter for the next 6 months? Get to know more of the great members of the Wichita Chapter better!
Wichita Mayor Jeff Longwell will present an economic update for AFWA membership in April at Olive Tree Venue. Registration is open now on the chapter website.